Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Longing of Man



This idea came to me in late November. I was driving home from Canby Bible College when "Did you feel the mountains tremble" by delirious came on the IPod. The song has always reminded me of Christ's resurrection; the moment at which He triumphantly leads the captives out of hades to stand before the gates of heaven. Four years ago I attempted to write a screenplay with that image and this song as it finally. I shelved the idea, however, in frustration that such a movie would ever be made. But as it so happened, as I drove home that day, I had just finished teaching on how the Shawshank Redemption reveals Christ only a few moments before. And as I listened to the sone and pondered, images from various movies danced in my head. I realized that while I may never make a movie about the glories of Christ's resurreciton, that movie has already been made. The wounders of our Lord are proclaimed in film again and again. Surprisingly for most Christians its often times in rated R films or movies that never explicitly speak His name. Our Lord has triumphed not just over the grave, nor simply over those who have choosen to accept him. He has captured the hearts of all mankind. They simply fail to recognize it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

That's cool. This kinda stuff reminds/forces me to work on the random ideas I have floating around in my head. Good job on this.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home